Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Spoonulas, Reverse Warrior and Edith Piaf

1. Spoonulas

So long story short, I ruined three of my roommates rubber spatulas from Williams Sonoma and have been doing research on replacing them. But one of these spatulas was not like the other. This is because, as I discovered on the Williams Sonoma website, it's call a SPOONULA.


Here are some examples of how you would use the word "spoonula" in conversation:
"Jan, I'm really sorry I ruined your spoonula."
 or
"Hey Jan! bitchin' spoonula."
or
"You know what's a funny word, Jan? Yup. That's right. Spoonula."


2. Reverse Warrior

Yesterday in a Yoga class taught by one of favorite teachers, I decided that what my body wanted was to do Reverse Warrior. So I did. And then the aforementioned favorite teacher (let's call her, Nicole Clark, Empress of All that is Bad Ass) supported my neck during the bend, and it just felt so juicy and so glorious. Standing poses are the bomb.


This is a picture of my friend Elizabeth doing reverse warrior. She is FANTASTICALLY BITCHIN. Elizabeth was a teacher of mine before she moved to Florida, and it was in her class that I did my first handstand. Not only is she a great teacher and fantastically bitchin, but she also has the most beautiful hair ever seen by human eyes. There are many a person in the world who dye their hair to look like hers, or get a weave or weird hair extensions, all to have hair that is a cheap imitation of the glory that is Elizabeth's do.

3. This Edith Piaf song

This was the first song that came on my Pandora station this morning. It made me very, very happy.



Right now I am listening to the Black Eyed Peas "Imma Be" which, though very different than Edith Piaf, also makes me very, very happy. Mostly cause it reminds me of this...


But that's a love for another day.

2 comments:

  1. Hold on. Is it *really* called a Spoonula or is that something Williams Sonoma is trying to call it?

    Also, please tell me I'm not the only one who thought of Spatula City.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XbCWmY0eqY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, I LOVE your blog! It makes me laugh and smile :-) :-) :-) And I agree, Elizabeth has amazing hair, miss her a lot

    ReplyDelete