Thursday, May 26, 2011

Jamaica Plain: Leila

When I was a tiny bean all I wanted was long hair like a princess.


Oh and to be a bride. Let's clarify that I didn't want to get married. I just wanted to wear a poofy white dress and have people look at me.

Anywho, I had hair that was curly and tangley and all in all, a pain for my poor Momsies. When she would brush my hair, I would cry and scream, "YOU ARE HURTING ME ON PURPOSE." So she cut it all off. I remember when I got the above haircut, I told my mom I was never going to school again. But she bought me a pink sparkly headband and, of course, all was forgiven, and off I went to school. But I never forgot the long hair I so wanted.

So, when I got into college, I grew it out.



But let's be honest. My long hair was as much of as hassle for me as it was for my poor Momsies. 

Enter this woman.


Doesn't she look like a moviestar? Cause she kind of is.

She turned this

 

into this

God she is brilliant.

On the day I got my hair cut, I went around the salon yelling, "I AM THE MOST ATTRACTIVE PERSON IN THE WORLD." Everyone seemed entertained. Which is probably because it was just so true.

Leila is not only the best, most talented hair stylist in the world, but she is quite possibly the coolest person ever too. She is super smart and beautiful and fun. She loves her family A LOT, and she loves Glee. She even owns Glee Karaoke and sometimes, when I am getting my haircuts we watch Glee videos. She also loves Adele. Duh. Cause Adele is also awesome.

One time, when I was going through a rough patch, I pretty much cried the entirety of my hair appointment, and Leila was SUPER AWESOME about it. Duh. Cause she is awesome.

Lelila cuts hair at Station 8 salon, which is about a 10 minute walk from my house. And then after I get my haircut I always go to brunch at Centre Street Cafe and my favorite guy gives me a hug and then it is the best day ever. 

Would these days be so great if my hair stylist were not so talented? Would these days be so great if my hair stylist didn't style hair at a salon in Jamaica Plain?

Well. I just don't know.

1 comment:

  1. Things Deb loves is back! I miss you, Centre Street brunches, and well, now all of JP! Good luck with your move!. And, yes, when you got your hair cut off, it was "God, I'm soooo attractive" ALL DAY at work. And you were!

    ReplyDelete