Saturday, October 15, 2011

My Gray Hairs

I have the equivalent of a curly bob, but, since my hair is, as I said, curly, it pretty much just does whatever it wants.

This morning, distracted by an early phone call from my mom and subsequently finding a $200 round trip plane ticket to fly home for Christmas, I forgot that this morning I was supposed to wash my hair. Needless to say I figured this out way too late to truly remedy it.

NOT TO FEAR. Curly hair is great when it's dirty. AND Curly hair can look messy and put together at the same time. It's awesome. So I pinned my hair back using about 50 bobby pins and set off to work.

Two hours ago I decided the bobby pins were hurting my head, so I removed them all. This is what it looked like.


Hells to the yes.

Let me tell you why I love this picture.

1)  My hair is ridiculous
2) You can clearly see that one of my eyes is bigger than the other.
3) You can clearly see the scab from a pimple that was above the right (my left) eyebrow.
4) You can CLEARLY see my gray hairs.

AREN'T. THEY. GLORIOUS.

I went through about a two week phase where I hated my gray hairs. You know, about to turn 30, getting old blah blah blah. But no lie, I love them now. And it is for no reason other than that they just look so cool.

And I love this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment