Friday, April 6, 2012

Keep Calm and Wear a Tutu: $4 Super Tight Pencil Skirt

About 6 months ago I decided to be more fashionably proactive at Thrift Stores because my darling Elizabeth and I frequent them so often for affordable lunchtime adventures. This means that instead of disregarding second hand clothing stores as places where only normal sized peops could find great used clothes, I was going to open my mind to 

A) trying on clothes that might not fit in the off chance that they might and 
B) really searching the racks for clothes in my size. 

It remains one of the best resolutions I've ever had. 

Last month my darling Elizabeth discovered a tiny church thrift store in Harvard Square that I will not name because I don't want it to get too well known and then have people swarm it and steal all of our good deals (not the BEST attitude to have about a Church Thrift store, but there you have it). Elizabeth walked out of the store with a veritable bevy of delights, while I left with what I believe to be the ultimate thrift store purchase: a lined, wool pencil skirt that fits me perfectly AND cost $4.

LIFE. WIN.

The one problem is it fits me SO well sitting down is difficult and bending down is impossible, so when I arrived at work this morning I had to go trasping around the sociology department to find someone to buckle my super cute shoes for me. Friend Kimberly to the rescue!!!


Skirt: Thrifted, $4
Top: Old Navy, $15
Tights: Target, $4
Belt: Ashley Stewart, $10
Shoes: MizMooz Chai Pump via Nordstrom Rack $60
Hands: Non-existent
Photographer: Enthusiastic

And here's a shot of my sweet ass.


CAUSE I KNOW THAT'S REALLY WHAT Y'ALL WANTED TO SEE.

7 comments:

  1. HOLY HELL YOU ARE HOT. Seriously, Deb. If I wasn't some obscene amount of miles away, I would rip this outfit (and those SHOES!) off of your body and leave you naked and begging...

    Wait, this just turned into a different kind of comment.

    Love the threads!!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come and borrow my cute shoes, please! I will lend them in exchange for hugs.

      Delete
  2. You are adorable. And hot. Some day when you wear it I want to reenact this:
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/female-friends-spend-raucous-night-validating-the,27446/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that article. And I'm pretty sure you and I do that no matter what I'm wearing. Cause we're in LURVE. Also most of my posts remind me of things I wrote in the 5th grade. In my heart, I am still 10 year old Deb. :)

      Delete
  3. Also this post reminds me of an entry I wrote in my diary when I was in like 5th grade. Except for the ass pic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that skirt! and the whole look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girl! I still get surprised by the great stuff that can be obtained at thrift stores.

      Delete